Friday, June 1, 2007

Whitsunday Sailing Trip (May 30th-June 1)



Whitsunday sailing trip, what a classic! This trip was the end of an era as it would be the last time I would be travelling with the boys and girls of Britain! We promised each other we'd do it up in style and luckily we had an amazing crew and the other people on board were up for a good time so we pulled anchor and away we went!





There were some initial worries about sea sickness so we all felt that the best way to overcome this was to adapt our minds to get used to the fact that our bodies would be rocking back and forth for the next 56 hours...





In other words beer o'clock came early. There were 28 people on board plus four crew members and the idea was to get as much sailing done as quickly as possible so we could get in a lot of suntanning and snorkeling.



Seemed like a good idea to me!



Our ship was called "Boomerang" and a fine vessel she was indeed!





Um.......yeah.......don't do that.



That night we were fortunate enough to see a beautiful sunset before we ate dinner and settled in for some good drinking games!





Some of us got into the drinking games more than others. I REALLY got into the pirate theme. What does a pirate score when he's playing golf? PAAARRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr!!!!! What does he use to navigate? The STAAARRRRrrrrrrs!!!! Where does he go drinking? The BAAAARRRRrrrr!!!!!(Seriously, by the end of the trip no one liked me anymore.)



The next morning we were all up bright and early to cram in a full day of swimming, sailing, snorkeling, and sleeping.



We also made a stop at Whitsunday national park to nurse our hangovers on the beach.





I got bored pretty quickly so I started taking pictures of the local wildlife.



Look! This is known as a "Louise" a bird usually foreign to these lands!



Me loving me in the afternoon.





The afternoon was followed by another spectacular sunset!



So we decided to celebrate by throwing Alex in the ocean. Little did we know that those boats + the current move pretty quickely and we almost lost the poor guy!



I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but when the captain turned around to a bunch of wasated 20+ year olds and yelled out, "Any more of that shit and I'll turn this boat around!" I almost pissed myself laughing!



So after a few quarts of goon, a dozen beers or so the drinking games ended and the dance party started.




I am ashamed to say that I and my friends were just as misbehaved as my parents and their friends were on their sailing trip last year.





Look!! Boobies!!



Maybe we were a little worse than my parents. No more pictures! Some of us were not really as into the pirate theme as I was the next morning...



Oh c'mon we don't have that FAAARRRRrrrrr to go! Heh, heh. Still funny.





All in all an amazing adventure! The crew said it was the wildest group they've ever had in the history of the company so at least we left holding our heads high, knowing that we should feel proud that we accomplished something meaningful!