Monday, March 19, 2007

Taupo, March 20th (Sky Diving)

You know when you do something really stupid and then regret it the next day? (Like every time I go out for a "casual" beer?) Last night we signed up for skydiving this morning and for some reason we went out the other night and got absolutely WASTED! I got lost in the town and had to hail cabbie who looked at me like I was completely out of my mind and gave me a two second ride back to my hostel that I just passed! One girl I was partying with had the same thing happen to her but her ride was free because the cops don't charge you anything! So this morning I woke up and felt like complete shit along with everyone else and then it hit me that I would be jumping out of a plane at 15 000 feet.

It was probably the coolest thing I have ever experienced! It feels like you're falling for about ten seconds and then everything goes quiet and it's just you and the rest of the world. I did it over lake Taupo so the view was spectacular, for some reason I wasn't even all that nervous, it just sort of happened! Anway I will never foget that feeling, here's some pics but they don't do it justice!!!